The Danjiang Bridge project will faithfully implement its environmental assessment pledges and realize protec-tion of the environment, and will implement monitoring tasks specified in the "Environmental monitoring work prior to Danjiang Bridge and its access road construction, during construction, and during the operating stage." Monitoring work will seek to provide data for quantitative environmental analysis and comparisons during the monitoring period, and this information will be used to assess the effectiveness of environmental impact mitiga-tion strategies during project implementation.
Monitoring work can be divided into the following three stages:
(1) Pre-construction environmental monitoring plan (monitoring period: 1 year)
This plan includes the following 10 items: river bottom sediment, air quality, noise & vibration, river water quality, marine water quality, terrestrial plants, terrestrial animals, aquatic organisms, marine organisms, and traf-fic/transportation.
(2) Construction-stage environmental monitoring plan (monitoring period: 10 years)
Monitoring items include the 12 items of air quality, project area air quality, noise & vibration, construction noise, river water quality, effluent water quality, marine water quality, terrestrial plants, terrestrial animals, aquatic or-ganisms, marine organisms, and traffic/transportation. Furthermore, continuous ecological monitoring work will need to be performed if a work stoppage mechanism is triggered during the construction period.
(3) Operation-stage environmental monitoring plan (monitoring period: 2 years)
Monitoring items include the 9 items of air quality, noise & vibration, river water quality, marine water quality, terrestrial plants, terrestrial animals, aquatic organisms, marine organisms, and traffic/transportation.
Important monitoring items)(
● 空氣品質(Air quality)
One 24-hour period of continuous monitoring must be performed on a quarterly basis during the construction pe-riod; monitoring items include particulate matter (PM2.5, PM10, TSP), NO2, SO2, CO, Ozone, temperature, hu-midity, wind direction, and wind speed.
● 噪音振動(Noise & vibration)
1. Ambient noise & vibration: One 24-hour period of continuous monitoring must be performed on one weekday and one weekend day each half-year during the construction period; monitoring items include noise & low-frequency noise, and vibration.
2. Construction noise: Measurements will be performed along the boundary of the project area once every two weeks during the construction period; monitoring items include equivalent sound level, maximum sound level, and low-frequency noise.
● 放流水質(Effluent water quality)
Effluent water quality monitoring will be performed at effluent outlets in the project area on a monthly basis dur-ing the construction period; monitoring items include water temperature, pH, fluorine salts, ammonia nitrogen, biological oxygen demand, chemical oxygen demand, suspended solids, and true color.
● 河川及海域水質(River and marine water quality)
Survey points will be established prior to construction, during construction, and during the operating period; mon-itoring items will include the basic water quality, dissolved oxygen, biological oxygen demand, Coliform bacteria, fats and oils, heavy metals, turbidity, suspended solids, and Chlorophyll A in river and ocean water.
‧Survey times: Once each quarter prior to construction, once each month during the construction period, and once each quarter during the two-year period following completion and opening to traffic.‧調查點：河川—關渡大橋、淡水渡船頭；海域—淡江大橋上游500公尺、主橋工區、下游500公尺等處。‧Survey points: River— Guandu Bridge, Tamsui ferry wharf; ocean—500m upstream from Danjiang Bridge, main bridge project area, and 500m downstream.